Senior International Director
Sciences, Technology, Strategy, Marketing, Advocacy
● Senior Executive with relevant international experience in business strategy, marketing and
sales, European public affairs, advocacy and general management.
● Multi-cultural experience within international market oriented industries / trade associations
and environments (Europe, CIS / Eastern countries, Asia, North & South America)
● Exceptional academic background, broad expertise in chemistry and polymers
● Analytical and synthetic mind, innovative with strong strategic vision and project
management skills, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, motivated, perseverant
● Team leader and player, communicative, building strong customer relationships
● Hands-on, problem-solver, committed to the business, clients and results oriented
Languages: fluent in French, English, German and Spanish. Basic knowledge of Dutch, Portuguese and Russian.
● Set-up, developed and managed a European Trade Association
● Managed an International Trade Association depending from the United Nations
● Managed large and complex international chemical / technical projects, eg
- Lead a production/sales project worth 200 million US$ involving 4 partners in 4 countries (Monsanto)
- Defined the worldwide grade slate of the future by combining market trends, technical requirements, competitive strengths and plant capabilities (DSM)
International Public Affairs and Advocacy
● Strong knowledge of the European Institutions decision making processes (Commission,
● Built and developed high level contacts with DG TREN, DG ENTR, DG ENV, MEPs,
Associations… in energy efficiency, sustainable development and construction
● Monitored, acted and contributed to major European legislations: Energy Performance of
Buildings Directive, Energy Services Directive, Action Plans on energy efficiency at
European and national levels, Action Plan on Sustainable Production and Consumption,
climate change, sustainable development (Eco-Design and Energy Labelling Directives,
Ecolabel Regulation, Green Public Procurement, LCA, Waste Directive, REACH…)
● Defined company’s positions on European legislations (Saint-Gobain, BING)
● Created and managed an internal worldwide network of advocacy experts (Saint-Gobain)
● Defended the interests of the insulation sector in construction: eg polyurethane taken out
of a European database of dangerous substances.
● Founding member of EuroACE (European Alliance of Companies for Energy Efficiency)
● Many industry position papers written (Saint-Gobain, BING)
Strategy and Marketing
● Defined and implemented the strategy of a European and a worldwide Trade Association
● Defined the worldwide and/or European long term business strategy by market
segment and product (DSM, Honeywell).
● Developed tactical business plans for Russia/Eastern Europe (Monsanto).
● Product and market management, product and market development, business plans. ● Created scenarii to determine the best options for the future.
● Organised and lead a European customer stratification to adapt the service to the profile of
the customers (Honeywell)
● Coordinated 2 worldwide customer satisfaction surveys (DSM & Honeywell) and
translated the results in action plans.
● Product positioning, monitoring of competition, SWOT analysis (Honeywell, DSM, BING).
● Conducted market surveys on Geotextiles, Offshore Moorings, Sewing Threads,
Composites, PEN… (Honeywell).
● Defined market strategy and organised market research and development in Asia, Japan
and South America (DSM).
● Knowledge of automotive, building, offshore, mechanical rubber goods, medical, electrical
Market/business development and sales
● Identified new products needed to answer market requirements (Honeywell, Monsanto).
● Introduced a new fibre for auto safety on the European market: established value
proposition, push through the whole value chain (Honeywell).
● Managed market development, sales and technical support activities for Thermoplastic
Vulcanisates in Russia (Monsanto and DSM).
● Decupled thermoplastic elastomer sales in 3 years time. Achieved highest profitability in Europe (Monsanto).
● Introduced 2 new antioxidants. Increased sales of existing range by 20%. Profitability
10% above budget (Monsanto).
● Developed Trade Associations: 10% increase in membership at CIB, recruitment of 7 new
members with a 25% increase in budget at BING.
● Attended many international conferences as a speaker.
● Numerous presentations given to high level management or Board of Associations.
● Published numerous technical papers on rubber technology and specialty chemicals,
(Exxon, Monsanto), technical brochures on properties and processing of thermoplastics
(Monsanto, DSM), several technical brochures on formulation of elastomers.
● Developed factsheets and reports on European legislation (Saint-Gobain, BING)
● Created international newsletters (Saint-Gobain, BING)
● Launched Internet sites (BING, Honeywell, CIB)
● Elaborated a corporate identity (BING)
● Prepared and presented a paper and poster which received the second prize at the
largest Auto Safety fair worldwide (Honeywell).
● Managed staff in a worldwide and in a European Association (CIB, BING)
● Managed worldwide advocacy team (Saint-Gobain Isover)
● Lead and coordinated International Working Groups in associations (60 working groups at
CIB, less than 10 at BING)
● Coordinated teams (R&D, production, sales…) developing new products (Honeywell).
● Lead and managed worldwide marketing project teams at DSM, and European
development project teams at Monsanto.
Scientific and technical experience
● Doctorate in analytical chemistry.
● 27 years expertise in polymer chemistry, rubber and plastic technology and high
performance fibres (Exxon, Monsanto, DSM, Honeywell, Saint-Gobain).
● Management of European or worldwide technical projects (BING, DSM, Monsanto, Exxon).
● Numerous technical approvals at customers, often after plant trials (Honeywell, Monsanto,
● Developed all applications in latex, polymer stabilisation and cellulose fibres in
● Specialist in rubber formulations for heat resistance and food applications (Exxon)
● Participated in European standardisation on environment, energy efficiency, sustainable
development, construction, fire issues (Saint-Gobain, BING)
BUSINESS EXPERIENCE - SUMMARY
International Public Affairs Saint-Gobain ISOVER (FR) 09/2007 – 10/2009
Managing Director Federation of European Rigid Polyurethane Foam Associations BING (BE) 01/2004 – 08/2007
Marketing Manager Europe Allied Signal – Honeywell (FR)
Performance Fibers 1999 - 2003
Worldwide Project Manager
Marketing DSM, Elastomer Division 1995 - 1999
Secretary General CIB, International Council for Building Research, Studies and Documentation (NL) 1993 - 1994
Thermoplastic Elastomers, USSR & Eastern Europe Monsanto Europe –
Advanced Elastomer Systems (BE) 1988 - 1992
Antioxidants, Europe/Africa Monsanto Europe (BE)
1985 - 1988
Senior Rubber Technologist Monsanto Europe (BE)
Eastern Europe Essochem Europe INC (BE) 1980 - 1982
Senior International Director, sciences, stratégie, marketing, advocacy
Madame Mo... L...
Commandez ce CV en ligne.
(1 cv seul)